1. The first institute to start with Posterior Chamber "in the bag" intra ocular
lens implantation .
sutureless surgery cataract surgery without injection - topical cataract surgery
2. First phaco surgery Topical phaco surgery
3. First IOL master for accurate biometry
4. First accommodative lens ICU (Germany) in India
5. First infinity phaco system
6. Lasik system from Bausch & Lomb and Nidek
7. Advanced Vitreo retinal surgeries
8. Oculoplasic surgeries
First training center for phaco
First training center for optometrists
The Institute's major aims are to :
1. Provide eye care of highest 'Quality' to all segments of society.
2. Provide free or subsidized treatment to those who cannot afford it.
3. Encourage and strengthen teaching and training programs along with super specializations
to Doctors and Ophthalmic Assistants, through ongoing research and academic activities.
4. Propagate the concept of 'Quality' Eye Care amongst professionals.
5. Rendering outreach ophthalmic services in remote villages.
6. Create community awareness about eye health problems.
7. Contribute for the success of National Program for Control of Blindness.
8. Prepare Ophthalmic Assistants/Paramedics/Ophthalmologists through teaching courses.
9. Enhancing eye bank and keratoplasty services
Loss of sight can be the greatest tragedy next to death, yet hundreds of thousands
of people in India are suffering from blindness.Participation by the public is the
urgent cry in this mission of restoring vision An integral part of raj eye hospital
is its community outreach program like screening eye camps, school eye health program,
village volunteer program all of which provide different strategies for taking eye care
services to the doorstep of the community. They provide curative, preventive and
rehabilitative care to the community along with IEC (information, education &
communication) program to improve service delivery to potential patients in the
community.The very essence of the organization is the outreach or community activities.
The hospital began with the motivation and inspiration to serve those people who are
deprived of quality eye treatment owing to their economic / geographical constraints.
Under this program, the following activities are performed by RAJ EYE HOSPITAL. Rural
Eye Services : In this a team of doctors and paramedics goes to various towns and villages
in 100 km radius from Gorakhpur. Refraction and basic exam is done by Auto refractor,
retinoscopy and ophthalmoscopy, syringing, blood pressure. The patients, advised for
operation are selected, counseled for fitness test and surgery in base hospital. They
are operated free or at subsidized rate, at base hospital by the latest and most
sophisticated technology.. Follow-up of these patients is done after seven days, 1 month
and final check-up after two month of surgery, either at the base or vision center,
Eye care team visit school to detect refractive error, squint, color vision defect.
All students detected for vision defect are referred to
nearest branch of the Raj Eye Hospital. Apart from this free coupons are also distributed to schools for free check up in any branch
of Raj Eye Hospital. This helps in creating a youth who are absolutely free from visual disabilities. Conducting such programs helps
in eradicating eye diseases at their very onset. Teachers and principals are requested to make eye test compulsory every year at the beginning of new session/ admission. Any school authority can contact Mr. D.K. Srivastava for free school screening. VISION CENTERS
- SMAL CLINICS IN PERIPHERAL CENTERS RUN BY PARAMEDICAL STAFF UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF CONSULTANT
OPHTHALMOLOGIST. Apart from this ,every week, vision centers are visited by CONSULTANT OPHTHALMOLOGISTS. Majority of the above mentioned community activities are sustained by the revenue that is generated out of the savings from paying patients.
RAJ EYE HOSPITAL has been supported by many NGOs like MA VAISHNAV DEVI HELP LINE SOCIETY, ISLAMIC BAITULMAL,
JAN KALYAN SOCIETY, SOME GRAM PRADHAN AND OTHER LEADERS for their outreach activities for the under privileged and
down trodden section of the society.